Big Ben & the
House of Parliament

page 3


Big Ben
tips and insights

Parliament building

The clock tower is part of the Parliament complex. See photo on page one.


Formal name

Westminster Palace is the formal name of the 1000-room Parliament complex (it was once a royal abode).



It is used by the House of Commons (substantial political power) and the House of Lords (scant political power).


Tours are available

If you are extremely lucky, you will view the House of Commons in session from the balcony when the opposition grills the Prime Minister with barbed questions. The debate is gripping.


Learn More

for Big Ben / Parliament - Page 1

Learn my other
England tips and insights

Wonders of England - Top 10 rankings
England Wonders - Map
English Cuisine




Share this page

World's Top 100 Wonders
World's Top 1000 Wonders

Site map
My credentials
About my website and criteria
Reader testimonials